9:17 PM

♣ Medan in Action part 1 ♣

Doumo... Hisashiburiiii XDD

Huwaa... miss my computer soooooooo muuucccchhhh!!! XDD

A few days ago, I went to my father's hometown, Medan, so I couldn't browsing or posting anything... and now I want to report my holiday to all of you :D First of all, especially for those who doesn't know Medan, it is a city lies in North Sumatra, Indonesia. It's famous for its' Ulos and its various choices of delicious foods. Medan seems to be the meeting point from every Sumatranese people; Padang, Aceh, Chinese, and even Malayan.

In Medan, I stayed at Madani Hotel. It says that this is the four stars Moslem hotel and it located in the front of Masjid Raya (the infamous mosque in Medan). From my room, I can see the mosque directly.

Not far from here, lies Istana Maimoen, another tourist spot in Medan. It says that Istana Maimoen is the Palace of Kesultanan Deli and even thought it is not fully operated as a kingdom, but it still has a Sultan. Istana Maimoen can be reached just by foot (from Masjid Raya).








Istana Maimoen also renting traditional clothes for only Rp. 15.000,- (around US $ 8) and we can take some pictures for free ♥

Here's the example of those clothes. Istana Maimoen's color trademark is Golden Yellow, but there are some choices of clothes' colors like blue, red, and white. FYI, my father said that red symbolizes death in Medan, so I don't think it is wise to use red clothes, but it's up to you ☻








On the left of Istana Maimoen, there lies Meriam Puntung (Split Cannon). Legend said that when Aceh attacks Medan because The King of Aceh was furious when he was rejected by Putri Hijau, salah satu kakak putri hijau berubah menjadi meriam dan terus menerus menembak tentara Aceh, sampai akhirnya overload n meriamnya patah jadi dua, dan patahannya terpental ke Brastagi. Below is the picture of Meriam Puntung in Istana Maimoen;



Meriam Puntung, or Split Cannon, ended this very first part of my trip to Medan... See you soon ♥

0 comments: